Recap: ADAW 1-5

11:06 PM

I think to help keep myself motivated I will starting posting little "recaps" of my ADAW 2017 project. I figure I'll do these every five weeks or so. I guess we will see if I actually keep up with this haha. I enjoy talking about specific shoots and how I felt taking these photos. I think it's always good to reflect and think about things you'd like to improve on. So anyway, here is a recap for weeks 1 through 5 in my ADAW 2017 project.

Week 1

" New Dawn "

I decided to call this photo "New Dawn" because I feel like it marked the start of a new and inspiring time for me. I decided, sort of on a whim, that I would try to finish ADAW 2017. I haven't finished an ADAW project since 2013 even though I tried for the following years. I also lost motivation somehow. With this photo, I promised myself I wouldn't give in to anything and I would finish ADAW 2017.


Week 2


" Branches In The Snow "
For the second week I was lucky enough to finally have some snow to take photos in. It was the first snow of this winter and, even though it was sparse, I could resist running outside to take some photos. This shoot was a bit difficult for me for some reason. I wasn't happy with how my photos were turning out and I ended up moving around a lot. I really enjoy the end result though. I'm glad I didn't give in and I continued until I created something I was happy with.


Week 3


" One Thousand Cranes "
I took this photo indoors one night, which is very unordinary for me. I really dislike taking photos indoors. I have a thousand paper cranes which my boyfriend folded me for Christmas. We are currently long-distance and it gets really difficult sometimes to be positive. When I decided to use the cranes in a photo, I was going through a particularly rough patch when it came to staying positive and productive. These cranes help me through the tough times. I made a whole post about this photo; if you're interested you can read it here. :)


Week 4


" Dull "
Another shoot that I was struggling with was this one. I took two dolls outside and was intending on taking a couples photo of them, but it wasn't working out at all. I decided only to take photos of my Taeyang instead since I rarely photography my guy dolls alone. Taking the photos, I wasn't very happy with them. But, once I started editing, I ended up really enjoying this shot. I should photography this guy more often!


Week 5


" Reverie "
The prep for this photo was a bit of a hassle as I had to repair my Nero's neck before I could start shooting. She has a very floppy head on account of her neck hole being unusually large. I bought her second hand and it looks like she has a bit of melting around the neck area. I had to take apart her head and wrap the neck peg of her Obitsu with a bit of yarn to help stabilize her. It was sort of a quick-fix and I'll have to go back in and repair it more thoroughly. Anyway, I had fun taking this photo once I finished her repair job. I don't normally get too involved when taking photos and usually I just go with whatever is around, but today I moved some branches and twigs around to take this. I wanted more layers of brush, I guess, to be visible. In doing so I ended up with a burr in my backside, but it was totally worth it ;)



Well, that is it for the first ADAW 2017 recap! I look forward to making more in the future :) See you soon! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments