First Impressions ♥ Azone Pure Neemo Mio's Holiday

6:28 AM

Hey guys! If you follow me on Flickr or Instagram you know that there is a new member of my doll family! I received her last week and she was a birthday gift from my parents. ^^ She’s an Azone Pure Neemo Ex Cute Mio’s Holiday and I am in love with her! I’ve always loved Pure Neemos but I have never been lucky enough to have one. I’m so glad I found this girl ^^
Anyway, here is my first impression of this cutie and sort of a small review <3
゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 

To begin, here is some basic info about this doll. She’s an Azone Pure Neemo doll from their “Ex Cute” line. This girl is their “Mio’s Holiday” doll (I’ve also seen it as “Mio’s Day Off). She come’s on the Flection M/LL Body and Azone describes her eyes as being Prussian blue and her hair as being Antique gold. She unfortunately does’t come with any extra hands.

Let’s start off with her box. It’s adorable, to say the least. Here are some photos.


image




image




image

This is a photo of what I can only guess is a variation of the character Mio. I don’t know Japanese so I can’t be certain, but it looks as if it’s the same doll but with a different color scheme and hair.


image

Here is what comes along with the doll and her accessories. The booklet to the right has information about the doll, such as a list of clothes she comes with, some suggestions to outfits you can purchase from Azone, and a little comic! It’s so precious, I really wish I could read Japanese.
The second booklet, to the left, is a doll maintenance guide, and contains very useful information, such as how to clean your doll’s face, press their clothes, comb and style their hair, and make a face protector for them while traveling. It also contains tips for dressing them carefully, some info about their joints, and some information on general care of your doll. This book, although written in Japanese, has photos that can be helpful to anyone which is a relief for me and my non-Japanese speaking friends, haha.


image

She also comes along with a sticker and some kind of mail-in card. I have no idea what these say or what they’re for. 





image

To begin talking about her body, I’d like to say that it’s obvious these dolls are quality made. When I took her out of the box I was shocked at how heavy she was (I know everyone says that, haha)! She really seems to be solid and of substance. She’s approximately 25cm tall and poses and stands fairly well.


image

Something I’ve learned about Pure Neemos is that bodies made before a certain point have minimal posing abilities, so I was so thrilled when I got her out of the box and she was able to bend her arms out to the side, like so! I was so worried she’d be limited in movement as so many older dolls are. Here is the farthest her arms can bend out.


image

I noticed something unique about the Azone elbow joints- this small peg that pokes out once her elbows are fully bent. It’s very small and practically unnoticeable, but I still found it quite interesting. I’d never seen a Pure Neemo body in person before this so it was all new and interesting, haha.


image

As you can see here, there is a joint in her waist that allows her to swivel a full 360 degrees. When her torso is rotated, the two halves don’t quite match up and may look a bit odd if she were wearing something revealing like a bikini, but in regular clothes it’s completely invisible.


image

Here’s reference for her legs, fully bent. Her legs can barely move out to the sides from the hips, but it’s made up for by how adorably she can sit.


image

I mean, just look at how cute! Her legs can rotate a full 360 thanks to the joints on her upper thighs.





image

Here are the clothes and accessories Mio comes with. She comes dressed in her panties and bra, socks, blouse, skirt, corset, collar bow, and jacket, and included in the box are her shoes, bag, and headband.
Azone is very well known for the quality of their clothes. As a first time Azone owner they really exceeded my expectations! Everything is detailed and well made, and it all fits the doll very well, except for the shoes which I can’t get on over the socks without some force. I’m sure they fit, but I’m a sissy and don’t want to break her foot!!
Here are some details on her clothes.


image




image




image




image




image




image




Pure Neemos have soft plastic heads and rooted hair. I’ve heard a lot about their hair being great quality and being described as having a “waxy” feeling to it. I can honestly say this girl has some of the nicest hair I’ve ever felt on a doll, but I don’t understand why people describe it as waxy, lol. To me, it just feels like high quality synthetic hair- very silky and smooth. 


image

Here she is with her face protector still on. She still manages to be as cute as ever!


image

Look at the shine on that hair! I just adore this gold color. It reflects light very well and it looks so gorgeous in photos!


image

Her bangs were a bit uneven towards the center when I first took her out of the box, but once I styled her hair they look completely fine. I wouldn’t risk cutting them because this doll has rooted hair and if I were to mess up I couldn’t just buy a new wig to fix my mistakes, lol. 


image

Her hair is a good length; it is perfect for styling and braiding and still remains manageable when it is down. Also, her delicate waves seem like they’ll last forever. I love her hair so much! I wish mine was this beautiful, haha.


image

Doesn’t she have a precious face? It’s such a shy and sweet expression, I’m so glad I picked this model to be my first Pure Neemo. 
゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 
I’ve already had so much fun with this girl. I’ve gone through some of my doll clothes to try and find some new outfits for her. I’ll have to make a post about what clothes fit/don’t fit the M size Pure Neemo body because it’s more complicated than I thought, haha. I’ve already taken this girl outside for a few photo shoots. She is definitely my new favorite and now I find myself wanting a bigger collection of these sweet girls. Here are some “actual” photos of her. Even these don’t do her justice!


image




image









Thanks for reading this you guys! I hope this might have helped with any Pure Neemo newbies out there looking for some info!






Thank you to anyone who has read this! I hope you’re all doing well and having great new dolly adventures! And to anyone who has stuck with me through these last few months of inactivity, thank you the most. ^^


Note: This blog post has just been reposted from my old Tumblr page.

You Might Also Like

0 comments