Darker ♥ Pullip Pulliphine IX Royal Wedding

5:29 PM

Hello there ♥ Today was an incredibly nice day. The weather was warm and comfortable and perfect for spending some time outdoors taking photos. Unfortunately for me, warm weather means bees, which I am absolutely petrified of. They look so cute and fluffy from far away, but as soon as they get close enough to hear their buzzing my fight/flight response kicks in. I don't know why I'm so terrified of them, but it makes taking photos difficult sometimes because I get so jumpy, heh heh.


Regardless of the bees pestering me, I was able to spend some time photographing Solstice. I decided to experiment again with some darker photography. I love how her bright hair makes her stand out so well against the dark background. 



Solstice is sort of an anomaly among my doll collection. I've never been into fantasy themes. Her antlers were sort of bought on a whim- I really had to plans for her. Her character fell into place after the antlers arrived, and her look has been an inspiration to me ever since. I doubt I'll add another fantasy themed doll to my collection in the future. I had another girl with antlers, but she never caught my eye the way that Solstice does ♥


I really enjoy this last photo. I think it's my favorite from the shoot ♥ 

Unrelated to this blog post and shoot entirely, I really want to make a doll hacks video! I've been thinking about it for so long ( months and months!) but I haven't had the motivation to gather up the materials and film it (and then edit- oh boy! tedious!). I may begin working on it next weekend ♥

I hope you enjoyed this weeks photos. Thank you for stopping by! I hope to see you again soon! (:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. She is gorgeous. I love colors on your photos. I'm really sorry for your bee-problem, but despite of your problems you make wonderful photos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Ah I am trying to get over my fear of bees because it makes it difficult to enjoy taking photos sometimes, hehe. But I am glad you like my photos!! Thank you!

      Delete