Dinosaur Weekend ♥ Pullip Regeneration Paja

4:59 PM

Hello ~ Today it was unseasonably warm outside, but naturally I was feeling lazy and didn't want to venture out with dolls and equipment for taking photos, eheheh. I told myself that I would take some photos today, so to check that off my list I opted for a small photoshoot indoors. 
I have always been very unsatisfied with my indoor photography. I don't really know why I have such a hard time with it. I need a lot of practice, for sure. 


The subject of this shoot was Lucy, my Pullip Regeneration Paja. I had her listed for sale at one point, but I've decided to keep her. I love her in her dino pajamas too much to part with her. 😊 I have realized the problem between my dolls and I and why I eventually give up and try to sell them. I buy dolls I am attracted to because of their stock look. Maybe there is one or two things I want to change about them, but overall it's their factory look that I am initially drawn to. For some reason, once I get a doll, I try and change everything about them. I realized this when I took this girl out and replaced her original eyechips. I love the look of them so much, but for some reason I changed her look completely upon her arrival. Once I put her back into her stock outfit, I realized I should try and stick to what I liked in the first place.


Talking about these photos- they seem very different than what I have been working on recently. I've noticed my photography has taken on a rather dark look. This is partly because of how dreary everything has been lately, but also because I really enjoy dark, rich colors. It's interesting to take a lighter turn again, but it also reminds me another thing I am not a fan of when it comes to indoor photography. My lighting situation is so hard to work with. I have two photography lamps, but only one is currently working which makes photographing in a well balanced and lit area is difficult. It makes manipulating lighting a challenge for me.


Well, I believe that is it for this shoot. It was nice to photograph a girl I hadn't seen in a while and a good learning experience when it comes to working with indoor lighting issues. I hope you enjoy these photos 💚😊

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. How can people not like this girl ? She's sooo gorgeous, this wig suits her perfectly, you did a great job with her customization by staying with the stock "spirit"!

    I feel like we all have our "time" when it comes to photography : sometimes you don't know why you're just going to take hundreds of portraits and the next day only black and white landscapes. I always loved your photos so it might not be a very objectif point of vue, but I still really like how your last sessions look like : very dark indeed but very intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that's definitely something I've come to love so much about photography. It may be discouraging at time to be inconsistent in style or subject, but it's so versatile and there are always new things to try out!

      Delete