Welcome Home, Sorrell ♥ Pullip Veritas Deep Crimson Ver.

9:35 PM

Hello there 💖 Today I received a very special package in the mail. Last week I ordered a new girl and I am so happy to introduce her now! Her name is Sorrell and she is a Pullip Veritas Deep Crimson Version. I remember falling in love with the original Veritas release when it was already too late and she was sold out. I am glad Groove re-releases similar dolls from time to time, such as in their Regeneration Series. It allows new collectors to own some of the models that made Pullip so popular in its beginnings. 😊
A bit about this girl's character: Her name is Sorrell and she is an explorer set out to conquer the New World. She spends months at sea in search of opportunity and truth. 
I've already made a few changes to her stock look. I put her on a 27cm white Obitsu, gave her some gold CoolCat eyechips, and applied some new and fuller lashes. Here is how she looks now 💖


I am in love with her entire look! She is from a new line of Pullip dolls called "Pullip Premium". They're supposedly made of higher quality materials than usual. I was skeptical of this when ordering her, because the last doll I purchased with an elaborate outfit (a Pullip Marianne) was very poorly made with pieces missing, falling apart, and damaged. I thought "Pullip Premium" sounded too good to be true. I was so wrong! This girl's outfit is incredible! The fabric is detailed and beautiful; her entire outfit is filled with shimmering metal and lace embellishments. Everything down to the pleats in her skirt are top-notch and in perfect condition. I really hope Groove releases more dolls like her! It really makes me more comfortable with spending money on Pullip dolls. Here are some photos of Sorrell's outfit.



Her outfit comes in two main pieces- a skirt and a top. She is also wearing white fishnets, a sash, shoes, and elaborate hat. The hat comes with a bobby pink tacked to the inside so you can fasten it to her hair, but I chose to remove this. In my experience, bobby pins do not work well on the Pullips' round head and slick synthetic hair. And, as you can see, one side of her hat features a large metal and fabric embellishment which makes it unbalanced. I opted to sew in my own "snapping" clips for a better hold. I went with one on each side of the inner lining of the hat. It stayed put on her head very well!

Here is some information about where I bought this doll, her new eyes, and Obitsu body. I'm also including a link to the Official Groove listing for this doll. 


Thanks for reading! Come back soon 💖



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh my lord : this outfit is INSANE, as a big fan of red/gold/luxurious pieces and so one I can only be subjugate by her ! You made a beautiful purchase, can't wait to see new photos of this girl and to see what you prepared for her! (It actually makes me want to buy this doll so bad now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah she was worth every penny! I was actually completely surprised by the quality of her outfit. It's even more luxurious in person ♥ Thank you for the comment!

      Delete