Recap: ADAW 11-15

3:22 PM

It's that time again! I'm pressing on with ADAW; how is your project going? I'll admit these past 5 weeks have been a struggle for me. A lot has been going on in my academic and personal life so keeping up with ADAW was difficult. I'm glad to say I was able to post all five photos on time, even if I struggled taking them. :)


Week 11


" Woof! "
This may be a bit cliche, but I love the puppy filter on Snapchat. I think it's adorable! I thought Magdelena was perfect for the filter. I first experimented with taking her photo directly with Snapchat, but unfortunately the quality was awful. I decided to just edit the puppy filter in later and I like the way it turned out. :)


Week 12

" Darker "
I struggled a lot while editing this, and the rest of this shoot's photos. I thought they looked great while I was outside taking them, but for some reason that wasn't the case once I loaded them into Photoshop. I wanted a dark scene, but my photos were a bit overexposed. I also wanted Solstice's hair to be saturated and bright. I spent so long editing this that I ended up hating it. Looking at it now, I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't press on until I was satisfied. But I suppose photos like this are learning experiences. I'll keep working next time!


Week 13

" Gypsy Blues "
This week was similar to last, in that my photos looked perfect on my camera screen but I struggled to no end with the editing! I think it's because of my conflicting tastes. I love, love, love dark and dismal photos. I'm not sure why, but something about them makes me go "ooooooh". I also love saturated colors with vivid backgrounds. On top of that, I like the look of old film and faded instant photos. My problem is that in post I try to brings all of these looks together. I doubt it's possible, but if it is I have yet to find the key to making it all work simultaneously! This shoot was beautiful and vivid and I sort of ruined it when trying to fade the colors and darken the scene. Oh well. This project is about progress for me- two bad weeks in a row just means two lessons learned. :)


Week 14

" Day Dreamer "
This week I was in a rush to get this photo taken, edited, and posted. I didn't even have time to blog about the shoot it was from or share any other photos I took that day. This was taken the day my boyfriend and sister came to visit. I was in a frenzy trying to complete all the chores I had put off (had to have the house tidy for everyone, haha) and I suddenly remembered I had yet to take my ADAW photo for that week. I knew I wouldn't have the time to when they arrived so I had to do it quickly before they got here. Overall, I wasn't thrilled with this photo, but I don't hate it either. 


Week 15

" An Explorer's Fatigue "

Again I was tested this week with editing. I was trying to create too many conflicting looks in post and I wasn't happy with the result. I actually hated it and was going to reshoot some photos the next day. I ended up giving up (why have I been doing this so much lately!!) and uploading the photo to Flickr on private. When I woke up the next morning, I checked on the photo. I can't see why I hated it so much, honestly. It's a decent photo! I think I had just been staring at it for so long that I started to convince myself there was something wrong with it. I think my recent problems with being satisfied with my work has lead me to become more critical. I think being critical of your work is a good quality, but too much of anything can hinder you. 


I hope to get over this photography slump I've been in lately. Doing these recaps really helps me to reflect on my work and find places I need improvement. I hope you guys are having a great weekend, and doing well with your own ADAW projects! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments