Lagoona Blue Progress • Monster High Makeup

3:55 AM


Hello again! Today I'll be sharing some progress photos of a Lagoon Blue Monster High doll I've been repainting. I am really having so much fun with these repaints. It's renewed my love for the hobby and it's motivating me to be more active in the community again! 


The process for this girl didn't take as long as the past two dolls I repainted. It's likely because her skin is much lighter than the others (a Howleen and an Operetta). It was much easier to build up layers- especially with white!


For this girl I really wanted to give her some light freckles. I think they're really cute! I've always wanted freckles myself and I often times include them in my own artwork. I figured I'd give them a go on a doll this time. 


I recently found some old Monster High dolls I had in storage. A lot of them are older releases and had damaged face paint, hair, or bodies. I cleaned them all up, took them apart, removed any unsalvageable hair, and now they're as good as new. I can't wait to get started on them! I found an early version of Spectra in the bunch which I'm especially excited to work on. I just love her facial structure.


While working on this girl I unfortunately ran out of sealant. I had never tried MSC before so I only bought one bottle to test it out. This time I stocked up and I'm waiting for the shipment now. Lagoona needs a few more coats of sealant before I can add highlights and gloss her eyes and lips. 

Thanks for stopping by to read this post! I'll post more photos of this gal once she's had her final layers of sealant and gloss and I fix her hair. ^^, 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I saw her already on your IG. She is already beautiful. I love her eyes. You build eye colors incredibly well :)

    ReplyDelete